Tuesday, November 30, 2010

!My last summry!

New York
 Level 3 Penguin Reader
By Andy Hopkins and Jocelyn Potter

The most interesting thing in this book is how they built the biggest bridge in the world. When the New York government decided to build a bridge over the East River, John A. Roebling’s plan was the best.  Around 600 men worked on the bridge. Unfortunately, John did not see the completed bridge. He hurt his foot badly and he died three weeks later. His son took the job after he died. Not just John died; around 27 bridge workers died. Washington became sick with the same illness. He did not die, and finally they finished the biggest bridge around the world. It is over 1 mile (1.8 kilometers) long!

 I really like it because I came to know a new city, and I learned about a different culture, American. Now I have some knowledge about American history, such as the Brooklyn Bridge. Many people die from working on hard jobs. I like Washington when he follows his father job. Also I dislike when I hear people die before they finish their job, like John when he died before seeing the job done. I hope to drive some day on the largest bridge in the world. In fact, it helps to know a good place if I want to go to the US, and gives me some very good ideas about a safe route. In brief, New York is one of the most beautiful cities around the world, and if you want to see a good city, you should visit New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment